Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Charlie!


While it seems like I haven't known him for a whole year, it also seems like I've never been without him. I can't believe my baby is a year old today. He has changed so incredibly much over the year and I can't wait to learn even more about him. For Charlie:

I love the way you love to rub the back of your head on anything, creating a big ol' bed head in the back.

I love the way you poke your tongue out at the slightest moment of concentration.

I love the way you squeeze me tight and nuzzle my should when I pick you up to carry you on my hip.

I love the lovely half-words you say day and night.

I love the way you look at me and smile when I come to pull you out of your crib in the morning.

I love snuggling with you, especially when napping in the "big bed."

I love your long eyelashes, your wavy hair, and your inexplicable blue eyes.

I love that I am the one who knows all of your tickle spots.

I love that you try to kiss all the animals in your books, even the ones that don't look like Magie or Roxy.
I love that you are a fighter who is determined and strong-willed.

I love that you look like your father from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.

I love that you are my little boy. Happy birthday, my baby, my puppy, my Charlie.

No comments: