Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stop and Smell the Flowers

Aside from the invasion of allergens, springtime is certainly one of my favorite times of year. I never really appreciated spring so much until Neal and I lived in Rochester for a few years. After months and months of cold and snow, a glimmer of spring would pop through the snow pack - the stem of a tulip or a bright green blade of grass. The snow would slowly melt, and then, all of a sudden, everything was in full bloom! It was amazing! Our favorite place to enjoy the splendor of spring was in Highland Park, which was just a short walk from our house.
Now that we are back in Memphis and far away from the winters of the great white north, spring is here and I guess I am just much more in awe of the beauty of it. Maybe I've simply learned to stop and smell the roses and take more notice of the environment around me. Regardless, I am happy that spring has finally arrived.
To take advantage the warm and sunny weekend a couple of weeks ago, we took Charlie to the Botanical Gardens. It was beautiful...

No comments: