Friday, March 2, 2007

March Madness

March Madness has hardly even begun, and I am gearing up for a month of seeing even less of my husband and watching even LESS of my beloved regular television shows. I expect that Neal and I will argue about the fairness of it all. Usually, my argument is well supported by the fact that on most nights, he is working to prepare for the next days’ classes and “it’s not fair for you to just expect me to drop everything (i.e., TV. that I want to watch) when you suddenly don’t have to work.” This week, however, begins Neal’s much deserved Spring Break. He will still have to do some work over the break, but in reality, he has NOTHING TO DO EXCEPT WATCH BASKETBALL. I may lose my mind when it is all over – hence, March Madness.

One good thing about this month’s basketball extravaganza/overload/gluttony is that the University of Memphis Tigers are kicking butt this season and we expect them to go far in the NCAA tournament. Currently ranked #7 in the nation, the Tigers have a chance to have a strong showing this year. I must say that I am looking forward to watching them play. Andre Allen is impressive in his stocky body. I am often surprised by his casual yet precise moves. In fact, we often joke that he looks like he’s been hitting the bong before the game, but he frequently surprises us with his ability. Jeremy Hunt is also one to watch. When he’s on, he’s on. But watch out because sometimes he can be the biggest clumsy doof! Speaking of clumsy, Chris Douglass Roberts is always impressive with his ungainly appearing moves, yet he is creative and agile in his playing, more than almost anyone I’ve ever seen. Often, Neal and I watch him flail in the air thinking that he will not make the shot and will certainly injure himself with his fall. But most often than not, the ball goes in and he is up and running back down the court before we even have a chance to release our breath.

Ahhh…basketball. Go Tigers Go!



No comments: