Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Scenes From The Zoo

Dear Gammy, Thank you for giving Mommy and Daddy a zoo membership for Christmas. They actually decided to do something fun and take me a couple of weeks ago. I would have thanked you earlier but Mommy and Daddy have been hogging the computer lately, and they just now let me get on it to submit my post. We had a wonderful time, the weather was perfect, and I was even a happy boy the entire day!

We started with the monkies. This one was sleeping, but he sure was big! Mommy said that she thought he was staring at us, so I stared right back at him, hoping to get a reaction, but he stayed asleep. I understood, though. A solid mid-afternoon nap can sometimes be a tough thing to come by.
Next we went to visit the giraffes. There was even a baby giraffe! They were so tall and long, I was really impressed! Can't you tell by my expression?
Finally, we went to see the polar bears and sea lions. The polar bears were having a great time playing – they were growling and clamping their giant teeth on each others’ necks, diving, and swimming in the icy water. They were so much fun to watch, I could have stayed there for hours. The sea lions were the best part. I got to go right up to the tank and watch them spin and twirl under the water. We even got to see a show! They waved at us, splashed the crowd, did flips in the air, and one of them even balanced a ball on his nose!
Thank you, Gammy. I really love the zoo. I hope Mommy and Daddy will remember to take me often. Maybe next time, you can come with us!

No comments: