Thursday, January 4, 2007

Holiday Traditions (possibly illegal)

Unfortunately, my husband has decided to implement a new tradition in our family - the annual burning of the Christmas tree. This, I guess, is the closest he will get to Burning Man, but I can't say I am happy about this possibly (and most likely) illegal alternative. Last year launched the premier of this ritual. As I watched and listened to the tree burst into flames, snap, crackle and pop, I just knew that the authorities were on their way to shame us for creating such a hazzard. Fortunately, he lit the tree on New Year's Eve when the rest of the neighborhood was aflame with fireworks and no harm was done.
Inaugural tree lighting...

Burning Tree 2006-7 (doesn't look much different, does it?)
Fortunately, Charlie was safe in his room with Mom (me) at the ready to snatch him up and whisk him away from any danger in a snap. I can't say enough how much I DO NOT CONDONE THIS, but I also understand to an extent - it's been a long time since we've been camping...

No comments: