Saturday, August 18, 2007

Say Cheese

Charlie has always been one to humor his camera happy mother. He knows just how to turn on the charm when he sees then lens appear before his face. He often gets that look. You know, the look where he points his head slightly down and he raises his eyes as if to say, “I’m not sure I can trust you.” Well, he’s right. He can’t trust me with the camera because I am constantly snapping pictures of him and them on the Internet. What will he think of me when he’s 15 years old and knows that I’ve posted pictures of him for all the world to see? Pictures of him naked in the bathtub, photos with snot streaming down his nose, and heaven forbid a picture of him having a complete meltdown (such as the one below).


I guess I’ll just have to deal with that wrath later. Lately, Charlie has begun to modify his red carpet pose. Before, it seemed as if he would never smile for the camera. I would snap away to get the perfect shot of him and he wouldn’t smile until after I gave up and put the camera to rest. Now, he’s all smiles. Maybe it’s all those new teeth? Maybe he’s just trying to get me to put the camera away already! Who knows? Regardless of the reason, this boy is more than ready to hand out grins for the Nikon flashing in his face.



Self-feeding and happy feet

Pulling up (he can do it by himself now!)
Charlie and Maggie – his VERY best friend (although she doesn’t know it)

Charlie's first piece of intentional art

No comments: