Thursday, April 19, 2007

Look at Me!

Over the weekend, Charlie truly showed some triumphant new skills over his lack of understanding over the sippy cup. He had his aha! moment and ran with it. Before, he would just gum and chew and the plastic nub on the cup. Now he sucks with a vengeance with sound affects and all. The process goes like this: 1. Mom sets the cup in front of him and explains what is actually in it. 2. Charlie stares down the cup as if a kitty about to pounce on his prey. 3. Charlie picks up the cup with a look in his eye that says, “Now I’ve got you, you deliciously cool beverage that used to be beyond my comprehension. I will drink you now!” 4. With the nub of the cup in his mouth, Charlie tilts his head back, raises the cup up, and swigs the juice/water/milk fervently. While gulping down the delectable beverage, he expresses his pleasure of the conquest with long bouts of, “Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.”


Charlie also achieved a victory over Mommy this weekend – his first chocolate chip cookie. While I generally do not want to give my not yet toddler child sugar, I could not refuse his pleading eyes when I popped one of those luscious chocolaty beasts into my mouth. My validation for caving is based on the fact that he is my child, and being my child makes him literally a cookie monster when it comes to homemade chocolate chip cookies. There is just no avoiding the inevitable. So, Charlie had his first chocolate chip cookie. I dare say he was in heaven.
Speaking of looking at me, check out my new blog. Because Charlie’s site is/should be devoted to his wonderful adorable self, I began C-Dog Mama to reflect more on what is going on in my world, including but not limited to Charlie

No comments: