Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Day with CZP

This past Monday, I took the day off. Charlie and I spent the day together hanging around the house and visiting the Memphis Zoo with the Chockleys. It was a perfect day partially because the weather was great and I was not at work, but mostly because Charlie was so much fun to be around. He was in a great mood after his slumber party with Nana. We spent part of the late morning in my bed – he convinced me he needed a nap but then refused to go to sleep. Instead, he just stared at me in wonder. He poked at my face, stuck his fingers in my mouth, grabbed my nose, kicked at the covers, and made me smile.

Eventually, he began to doze off. I watched him fight falling asleep for an entire 10 minutes until he finally drifted off. He looked so peaceful and content. I could have stayed in that moment forever.
I wish I could have more days like that with Charlie. It’s nice to have time to just savor a moment rather than feel pressure to squeeze everything into an increasingly smaller amount of time.

No comments: