Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Old Forest Trail

Sunday morning I woke with big plans to participate in one of Citizens to Preserve Overton Park’s regular nature hikes on the Old Forest Trail. I was itching to get outdoors and to find a way for Charlie to burn of some steam at the same time. We got everyone up, fed, and dressed. And then I checked the website to confirm the time. Oops. Wrong weekend. The hike is scheduled for this Sunday, January 25. I was a week early. We decided to go on our own hike in the park anyway because the weather was just too nice.


It was a cool and sunny day and the trail was nice and dry because unfortunately, we haven’t seen much rain since January 5. The lighting while on the trail was amazing. All the leaves sparkled and the sky was the perfect blue.

Ahhh…I love the great outdoors. Every time I hike on this trail I am inspired to go camping. Maybe I’ll summon up the courage to take an almost 3 year old and an under 1 year old this spring.

2 comments:

Naomi Van Tol said...

Nice post! You were smart to take advantage of the sunshine -- my husband and I chased our kiddo around the forest that weekend too, and it was gorgeous.

But yesterday morning? 27 degrees. Still a lot of fun, but kinda chilly for babies.

Stacey Greenberg said...

Man I love the Old Forest! Nice post. We're always up for a hike! Hint hint.